Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thursday's Visitors....finally!!!

Yay, we're home!!! I was released from the hospital very quickly considering I had major abdominal surgery 48 hours before discharge. I was encouraged by many people before the c-section to take advantage of being in the hospital and to stay as long as possible since the nurses are there to help you. Honestly, I found the nurses to be more of an annoyance and disruption than help. They actually did not help us with the babies at all which was nice for Scott and I because it allowed us to be really hands on. As Scott and I learned how to be parents it was comforting to know the nurses and doctors were there if we needed them but since we were able to do it on our own we felt good and comfortable about going home after just 2 days.


Here is where the girls spend their time sleeping during the day in their bassinet. Thank you Michael and Marne for letting us use it!!!

Now that we are home we are finally able to introduce these cuties to their family and friends. Here are all the visitors they had on their first day home.

Aunt Linnea


Sonja using my pain meds as rattles. How cute is she in this jacket :) Also, she seems so big to us now compared to the babies.

Gwen meeting her cousin Addison and Linnea checking out her small legs and feet. Seriously, so small!


An attempt to show just how small her legs and feet are. I am not sure if this really gives you a good sense of how small.


Gwen holding Addison. She was so great with the girls and was so genuinely excited to meet her cousins. She would say things like "they are so cute," "they are so adorable," "I would be a good mother to Caroline." There are more things that she would say but I can't remember all of them.



Here she is with Caroline which at one point she said was her favorite but was quickly followed by saying that she liked both of them. She also at one point put a burp cloth on her shoulder and wanted to hold them like she saw my mom burping one of them. Gwen could seriously not be more cute and great with these girls but I don't think anyone would be surprised to hear this.


I love Gwen's little smile in the picture. She would also get upset if she was not able to hold one of them. This is funny to me because I remember being the same way when she was born but not as vocal about it :) People didn't know this but when Gwen was born I could not stand being with her and not being able to hold her. It was almost heart breaking to me. I was always jealous when others were holding her and not me. It melts my heart that she is now that way with my daughters.

My parents meeting their new granddaughters. My family just keeps popping out girls. Again, no one would be surprised to hear this.

They were over yesterday again and were trying to help us find some distinction between them so that we are able to tell them apart by some feature instead of what they look like when they are next to each other. We have yet to find something.

We told Gwen that she could not touch their faces or give them kisses just because we want to try and keep germs away. Gwen had the hardest time sticking to these rules.


Proud and happy mommy. It is so weird and surreal when people call me their mommy. The blanket in my lap is also something we got at the hospital made by volunteers. Of course, we got two :) If you are someone who makes these blankets and hats or know someone who is a part of this we just want to thank you! We really appreciate them and I know other parents who receive these gifts do too!!

Happy Mor Mor. Honestly, I could not tell you who she is holding. Sorry girls, there are going to be many pictures that I am not sure who is who. Their identical, give me a break! Also, I decided I am not going to feel guilty about not always knowing who is who in pictures. It is inevitable especially at an angle like this.

And finally, the hats that I made them fit! I love that they come to a point at the top :)

So those are Thursday's visitors. My uncle Scott and Aunt Nancy came today too but I am realizing that we didn't take any pictures with them. I am bummed. Sorry about that!! More pics and visitors to come!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Greta! You can check out the Crafty Angels blog (as if you have time!) and see where those beautiful blankies came from by clicking here: http://www.crafty-angels.blogspot.com. The ladies are part of my church and they're all so darling.

Ingrid said...

Greta, good job at getting out this post! It's so fun to get to see your girls and see how you're doing. You're always in my prayers. It looks like motherhood is treating you well. I can't wait to see your girls in January.

P.S. I couldn't stand the nurses at Swedish either!

The Johnson Family said...

I love the pictures of the girls laying next to each other... I bet they are so comfortable with each other as close by as possible to snuggle with. And I also love the pictures with Gwen and the babies. She is just too cute. I remember the first time Gwen met Mckenna, when she was about 3 weeks old, she was very sweet, always wanting to touch, hug, and kiss her. What a great cousin! And the picture of Linnea holding that little leg and foot - oh my gosh - how tiny!