Thursday, December 17, 2009

Saturday's Visitors

So here was the line up of Saturday's visitors and just some other pictures.


I think this is my favorite picture of them so far. This is what we got to wake up to Saturday morning. Their noses were actually touching when we first looked at them but they moved a little by the time we got our camera.

Scott's brother Michael and Sister-in-law Marne came in the morning with their kids Kate and Sophia.





Sophia didn't really get what was going on. Again, she now seems huge like how Sonja did compared to the babies.











Kate had fun meeting her new cousins!!! I am sure that Addison and Caroline liked meeting her too :) Many fun days ahead with these four little ladies.


During the day my parents and Linnea came over just to help us out. Linnea was running around getting some stuff done for me that was on my to-do list. At one point I asked her if she was in a rush because she had to leave and she said that she wasn't and just wanted to get as much done in the couple hours she was there as she could. I didn't get it then but now I do. I now find myself rushing around in the gaps of time that I have to get as much done as possible when I have a chance. Even though we are on an every 3 hour feeding schedule the girls are getting better at eating faster and they sleep great in between feedings. So we actually have decent chunks of time throughout the day and night.


Late afternoon my friends Leah and Annie came over to meet the girls.








Leah trying her hand at both of them


Annie holding both of them

They got the girls these stuffed animals that are the same size as them!! If you have seen these animals in person you know that they are not that big.
Here is Caroline with hers but apparently she did not want any part of posing for a picture.

Addison was a bit more cooperative. It probably was because she was swaddled. Side note: we call them our Addison and Caroline burritos when we swaddle them.


And here I am with both of them. Right now it is easy to hold both of them but I am waiting for when that will get harder as their weights get higher. What Scott and I have already learned is, like when anyone becomes a parent, there is a lot of trial and error to figure out what works and what doesn't. Having twins is just a matter of different trial and error. We're getting there.

Another side note that I am very happy about: I am writing this post on Thursday, day 9 after they were born. I am happy to report that I have officially lost more than the pregnancy weight that I gained. Only by one pound but still, I'm excited!! I am sure that mostly has to do with the fact that I was losing weight during the pregnancy and I am nursing 2 babies. Secondly, I am off my pain meds. I have not had to take one for the last 24 hours so I would say I am off of them. I am very happy about both these changes.

3 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

Oh, I can't even stand the extreme level of cuteness! :) And Mckenna has that same pink outfit with the flowers - love it!

Once again, so glad to hear that everything is going as well as can be expected. The girls are just absolutely adorable, and the pictures that I really love the most is when they are snuggling together... so sweet.

And we called Mckenna a burrito when she was swaddled too - haha!

One more thought - YOU GO with your awesome baby weight losing self!!! :) :) :)

Gwen said...

well first of all, i am impressed at how well you have been keeping the blog updated, you'll be glad you did that! second, way to go scott on being super-dad...taking addison to the doctor by yourself, staying with the girls while greta runs an errand. that is invaluable to have that time with them and great for greta too!
and finally, way to go greta on the pain meds and weight-loss! i'm sure that feels good. your doing such a great job keeping track of everything and being a great mom. love you guys!

Ingrid said...

Dang girl! I've still got 15 pounds to lose and, try as I may, they won't come off. I'm JEALOUS!!!! :)