Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Girls go to Church

Last week we skipped church since the girls had not put that much weight on. I could not skip a second week and felt better about taking them since they had surpassed their birth weight. Plus, I knew a lot of people were waiting to meet them! I don't have any pictures but they did really well staying happy and asleep in their car seats until the very end when Addison woke up. One out of two isn't bad.

After church we went over to see Linnea and Cam's new house in Wilmette!!! Once they get the Internet I am sure Linnea will be posting something about it. Anyways, it was so great to finally see the inside of the house and just hang out there for a while.

That night was the Christmas program at church. It was the classic "Angels Aware." It definitely brought back memories and it is amazing how much I remembered since I had not heard the music since I was in it myself in grade school.


Here is Sonja. All smiles all the time. I hope my girls are half as happy as Sonja.

Oh Gwen, she was right next to Sonja when I put my camera up to take a picture and as soon as she realized I was about to take a picture she started to walk away.


After the program






Gwen holding the girls. She was really good at supporting their heads and afterwards she was crying because she could not hold them longer. She is seriously in love with her cousins.


I think our first day out with the girls went well. I did feel a sense of pressure to keep both babies happy even though I know everyone expects newborns to cry. Part of the reason I wanted to get started with taking the girls out was so that Scott and I can get more comfortable with them around other people and especially me since in a couple weeks I will be on my own with them. On a different note, they are 2 weeks today!! Can you believe it! Time really does fly.

I had my 2 week follow-up yesterday and everything is going great with me. I am healing really well and feeling great overall. My Doctor told me that they sent the placenta to pathology to see for sure if the girls were in one amniotic sac or not and they were in one sac! So not only did we have twins but we had the rarest form of twins. I am just to happy that there were no complications and kind of happy that I did not know about it until afterwards. I feel like I would have been worrying the whole time and the stress would not have been good for them. It is nice that we conclusively know that they are identical. Overall, I feel like I had a great pregnancy and delivery. Things could not have gone better even though there was the potential for some really bad complications. We were truly looked after in this whole process and we thank God that both girls are healthy.

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

Cuties! I bet they were a big hit! It's pretty cool to think about that you have identical baby girls, healthy, and they were in the same sac... all rare things! It was meant to be - everything worked out perfect for you guys.

We are coming into town on the 26th, so we really hope to say hi to you and your girls sometime during our visit.

Merry Christmas to the Bailey family of four! :)