Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

I admit it, I woke up at 4:30am in order to watch the royal wedding. I have to say, I am very happy to have done that instead of taping it and watching it later. I loved knowing that I was watching it live and it just seemed so magical. A real life fairytale. I could not imagine being Kate and knowing that when you left Westminster Abbey that you would be a part of the royal family. That is crazy. It was a joy to watch and I am thankful that it was so public.

How beautiful was her dress!

While I was alone physically watching this wedding before the sun came up I was not totally alone.  I loved that my friend Stacy was also awake and watching in CA so we were texting back and forth throughout the ceremony.  Also, Addison and Caroline were up by the time they appeared on the balcony.  I confess, I made sure they watched the tv when this happened and that they waved at the couple.  I wanted them to be able to say some day that they watched that part even though I am sure they will not remember it :)

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

I watched live too and loved every second of it! And I wasn't sure who was up, but I wanted someone to text... bummer, I should have been texting you. :) It was funny, I was pretty tired the rest of the day because I woke up so early, but I was in a really good mood all day too despite being tired. It was just so beautiful and breathtaking! And love that you posted on this too... good for you. :)