Thursday, September 06, 2012

Goodbye to Our First Home

Well, it has been a while since my last post.  This is one of those posts that I didn't really want to do so I was happy to put it off.  Plus, I wanted to have more pictures of our new place but instead of waiting longer I am just going to use what I have.  I will post more pictures later.
 
At the end of April we said goodbye to our first home.  It was the first place that Scott and I lived in as newlyweds and the place where we had our first 2 kids.  We were only there for 3.5 years but it holds a lot of special memories.  When we bought this place we had the intention of staying there until we had our first 2 kids which we thought would be around 5 or 6 years.  HA!  Apparently, God had a different plan for us since we had our first 2 kids by our 1st anniversary.  We could not be happier with how that part worked out but we quickly outgrew our condo in half the time we had expected.  Unfortunately, the housing market is what it is right now so that did not leave us many options.  We decided to put it up for rent so that we could rent something bigger for ourselves.  Fortunately, we found great renters within days of posting it which was a huge blessing and confirmation that we were doing the right thing.  Here are the pictures that I took of our old place.
 
Addison and Caroline's room
 
 
2nd bathroom
 
 
Master bedroom
 
 
Main living room


Kitchen
 
 
Let the packing/moving begin! 


A cute moment between Scott and Addison in the midst of packing.  Of course Scott is closing his eyes but it is still cute.
 
 
Their first time sleeping in our new place.  I guess I put the changing pad too close to Caroline's bed because I found her like this :)
 
 
And the pictures of our old place all empty :(
 
Addison and Caroline's room


2nd bathroom
 
 
 Master bedroom
 
 
 Master bathroom
 
 
Kitchen
 
 
 View of the kitchen from the dining area


Main living room looking at Addison and Caroline's door
 

The main living room and dining area


Our building from the back
 
 
Here are a few pictures of our new place.  I will post more later.
 
Here is the dining area looking into the kitchen.  The interesting thing is that the layout of our new place is pretty much the same as our condo but the kitchen is bigger which is nice.


Some decorating...I love how this looks.
 
 
 The playroom!  In our last place I had to make a "playroom" in the dining area but since it was all one big room there was not much separation.  I love that we have a separate room for all their toys!  Having a playroom was one of my favorite parts of our new room.
 
 
Our backyard.  It may be little but it is better than we had at our condo so I am really happy with it!  Also, since we are in a townhouse all the other backyards are close so Addison and Caroline have more running space if they want it.  Having this backyard area was what I was the most excited about at our new place.
(This picture was taken when I was hosting a bridal shower.  We don't normally have tables set up like that)
 
So that is a glimpse into where we live now.  The space itself is ideal for us right now.  Not too little and not too big with room to grow!  We don't want to live here forever but that is the beauty about renting.  We do hope that someday we can move more east so that we don't have to drive 20 to 30 minutes anywhere we go but for now this place suits us and we are happy!


No comments: