Thursday, September 13, 2012

Memorial Day

No, I did not make a mistake on the title.  You would think that this post is about Labor Day that we just had but this is from Memorial Day several months ago.  What can I say, I am catching up now.
 
We have started a unspoken tradition (tradition, my family?  I know, crazy) of going to the Winnetka Memorial Day parade and then spending the day at my parents house together.  This is also when we celebrate my dad's birthday and the way he likes to celebrate is by grilling his family a very delicious meal!  It is usually ribs and as he says they get better and better every year!  He is right and we are lucky that he likes to celebrate his birthday this way.
 
Gwen and Sonja waiting for the parade to start.

Addison and Caroline basically had their hands over their eyes the whole time.  The sun was too bright and they were not too fond of the parade either.  Oh well.

Playing in the pool after the parade.  That is Addison with Gwen and Sonja.

Addison

Here is Caroline in the swing.  This is always a big hit at Mor Mor and Grandpa's.

Addison in front and Caroline in back

Caroline



Naomi

My dad, his car and his grill!  Happy birthday!!!!!


Naomi was giving Lucia kisses.  They are really cute together!


Relaxin
 
Oh Cam!



Sonja loves to smile and have fun.

Matt and Lucia
 

Naomi got hold of a rib and loved it!  We thought it was hilarious of course.

Feeding Grandpa

Me and Caroline.  She loved the ribs too!

The perfect ending to a great day...ice cream!
 

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm so glad you're getting caught up with your posts. I love the pictures and remembering the events. It was a good day, wasn't it!!