Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy "Diamond" Birthday and Decorating

I am a bit behind....

My mom's birthday this year was on 10/10/10! She has been calling this her "diamond" birthday for a while now. We had fun celebrating this special 10/10/10 b-day.

We gave her 10 2 liter bottles of pepsi.  For those who know my mom, this was a perfect gift!  We all brought one out to her one by one.

Here she is with her diamond present from my dad, an opal and diamond necklace.  Good job catching on to her hints :)

Just a random picture of Caroline.  She loves putting this in her mouth because it has a hole in the bottom and makes a whistling noise when she breathes in and out of it.

Finally I am pretty much done with the girls room!  It took some good motivation (Scott's b-day weekend) to finally get this done.  In this picture you can see the curtains I made as well as the corner shelf with the cute flower light.  There is one on the other side too of course and when they are both lit it gives the room this purplish pink hue.  Total girls room.

I got this idea from a house my Grandma told me about on a house walk about hanging clothes as decoration.  I thought their preemie clothes would be perfect for this and I LOVE how it looks.  It is also a reminder of how small they were which I just can't believe looking at these clothes.  So cute.
At this point there is only one little blank area on a wall that I might hang their dresses from their baptism or keep empty and wait for some art projects to hang.  Otherwise, I am so happy with their room now.  I love hanging out in there with them so much more.


This is how we normally find them in the morning now that they are experts at standing.  They have so much fun with each other already!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love how she looks like she's smiling with her eyes in the picture with the yellow toy in her mouth.