Friday, October 08, 2010

10 Months!

Addison and Caroline are 10 months old today! We are so close to them being 1 which is just crazy to me. They continue to be a joy to be around all day. At 10 months they are both experts in crawling. It turns out that we have a great condo for babies. We shut our bedroom door as well as the bathroom door and they really can roam around as they please. We even have a nice sized space for them to have a play area in our main room which currently includes an L shaped tunnel that they love to play in. I have noticed that now that they are crawling and have more independence they choose to stick together most of the time. I think it is great that they are buddies and love to play and laugh with each other. Addison continues to be slightly ahead of Caroline physically. She is a pro at standing up on things now and will even walk on her own with a toy she can push. Caroline continues to be laid back and is just starting to care enough to stand up on lower objects. Addison has 2 teeth and Caroline still has 1. They could have more but they don't let me check so I don't really know they have new teeth until I can see them.  I would like to report that the shortest length of hair is about half an inch which seams long to us!  It is as long as an inch on some parts of their head.  This is major progress in the hair department but since it is so light you can barely tell it is that long unless you are close to their heads.  In the sun and some other light it has a tint of red.  I think we have blue eyed, strawberry blondies on our hands.  They continue to babble and talk to each other like crazy but still no official words yet.

Fun with my ladies

I may or may not be the one who put these cheerios on Caroline's face :)

Caroline's a rock star!

Addison now likes to grab the camera when I take a close picture

Playing together on their lion toy

Caroline

Addison

This is also something Addison can do, climb up on lower objects.  These are the drawers and doors for the buffet I painted.  Don't worry, the paint is dry.

This is just about the only thing that can still cause Caroline to fall over.  I can see why she could lose her balance.  From trying to imitate her I discovered I can still do that too!

We often find Addison standing in her crib these days.  She just needs to learn how to get herself down now.

I look forward to the 11 month post to reminice about what they have accomplished over the past month.  They are growing too quickly!

2 comments:

Mom said...

So where's the picture of you sucking on your toe??

Stacy Peterson said...

1) I suspect that you were the one to put the Cheerios on her face

2) I'm not surprised you tried to imitate that position

3) They are SO big and I miss them :(

4) I miss you and Scott too!

5) I was at 4.. so I needed a 5 ( LOVE YOU!!!)