Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baptism

This past Sunday Addison and Caroline were baptized. What a meaningful day as Scott and I pledged to show them our faith and to raise them in the church. This is no small vow but something that will help shape their lives.

They both did great which was a nice surprise. I was expecting them to cry during most of it but instead they didn't except for Caroline did a little when the water was put on her head.  I'm not shocked since she does not like baths still.

Here is Scott with them right before the service started.

Everyone got a kick out of Addison chewing on Scott's tie

Addison being baptized by Pastor Art.  What is special is that he baptized me when I was a baby and 28 years later he baptized Scott.

Caroline being baptized by Pastor Peter who was the one who married us.

Afterwards we a picnic at the beach with our family and some friends.  The weather held out and we had a great time.

Here is the dress that Addison wore.  My mom bought these vintage dresses at our church rummage sale and they were perfect for this occasion.

This is Caroline's

No comments: