Monday, July 12, 2010

AFTERGLOW 2010! (Part 1)

Ask anyone in my family and they will say that over the years, especially the earlier ones, I have been one of the more excited ones to go to Afterglow each year. I LOVE AFTERGLOW!! This year I had a sense of renewed excitement as I thought about how we would be introducing this loved place to Addison and Caroline for the first time. This week did not disappoint! Can't wait for many more to come.

On the road with Addison at the wheel

Every year we actually start heading up on Friday and stay at a hotel.  This was the first time Addison and Caroline had been in a pool.  They were definitely unsure and not so excited at first but they ended up loving it and we were in there for almost 45 minutes!

Big thanks to my Grandparents who were the ones who started the Afterglow tradition.  So many great memories and such a happy place in my heart.

A big part of why I love Afterglow is getting totally away from every day life.  It is so calm and peaceful there that you can't help but to just be in the moment and relax.

The first morning up there....breakfast club with the cousins

At the 4th of July parade in Phelps, WI.  Eating lunch and waiting for the parade to start

These are newborn size hats and they are still too big for them!  I know my girls are small but no newborn has a head that big!!
(Caroline)
(Addison)

Time with Gwen and Sonja can get overwhelming sometimes....

Morning dew

Addison and Caroline at the beach for the first time.  Again, not so sure at first but eventually warmed up to it and had a great time

Our annual pizza, ice cream, candy, go-kart night in Eagle River.  Here we are at Alexander's Pizza.  I was very impressed with how well the girls did even though most of this night happened past their bedtime.  Great job Addison and Caroline!!

They liked their first taste of Blue Moon!

To be continued....

1 comment:

Anne Bassett said...

Fun pictures and memories, Greta! It was nice to be able to hang out for a few moments at Afterglow with you all. :)