Wednesday, November 25, 2009

35 Weeks!!

I could not be happier and more thrilled to make it to 35 weeks!! Depending on what your reading, twins are sometimes considered full term at 36 weeks so we are almost there! That is my next goal but I was told at 20 weeks that I would not go past 37 weeks so at the most we will have these babies in 2 weeks :)



I decided to not take my update picture in the same outfit because it hasn't changed. I am still measuring like I am 38 weeks pregnant with a single baby and gained another 4 pounds (total pregnancy gain of 26 pounds). At this point, the babies are not really growing in length but packing on the pounds so it is ok that I have not grown over the last 4 weeks.

I had another NST on Monday which went well. Yesterday was my fetal assessment ultrasound which was going to determine if the babies were delivered this week or not. I am happy to report that both babies are growing great and there is no reason to deliver them right now!! They are still thriving in me which I could not be happier about. Baby A previously gained 12 ounces in 3 weeks (4oz/week) and this time baby A gained 11 ounces over a 2 weeks period (5.5 oz/week) which is great! Baby B also gained 11 ounces these past 2 weeks so they are sharing nicely :) The weight estimates are baby A is 4 lb, 1 oz and baby B is 5 lb, 5 oz. Baby A is still behind by a couple weeks and baby B is right on track.

The nice thing about my bed rest is that it is not super strict. From the beginning, I decided that it would still be ok to go to church every week. So below is a picture of how I do church on bed rest. Not a week goes by where I don't hear a comment about how all that is missing is someone fanning me and feeding me grapes. I am so happy that it has worked out to go to church every week for my sanity and it is great to feel and hear the support week after week of my church family.



One of my projects on bed rest was making these little hats. Since the babies will be so small I wanted to be sure to have hats that were small enough for them since most of the ones you buy are not made for 4 or 5 pound babies. These hats are meant to stretch and be snug to their head but they are so small! I can't wait to have the babies here. Soon enough!!


4 comments:

Hanna Johansson said...

I love the hats! Så gulliga! Kram

Anonymous said...

Oh man...I love the picture of you at church!

Elsa

Ali said...

Great news Greta! I am so excited for you!!!

The Johnson Family said...

1. LOVE, LOVE the hats! So cute!

2. Love the pic of you lounging at church. A great place to relax. I think you should bring a bag of grapes with you to church and have Gwen and Sonja drop them in your mouth and fan you and take a picture - that would be funny. :)

3. I had tears in my eyes as I read your post... congratulations for making it to the important 35 weeks mark. You are doing awesome, and those babies are so lucky to have you as their mommy!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!