Saturday, July 25, 2009

17 Week Update

I just had a Dr Appt last week and it was interesting. I am 17 weeks but I am measuring like I am 20 weeks. I thought that was interesting because I read about it online and they say that it is normal to measure ahead in the 3rd trimester but not the 2nd. My blood pressure was higher than the last 2 appts but still normal. Hopefully that was a fluke. Other than that, everything is gone well. I have been feeling the baby a lot starting with last week and my Dr was surprised with how soon I have been able to feel the baby. I have actually been feeling the baby since around 12 weeks but it was more definite starting last week. Our ultrasound is in 3 weeks so that should be interesting and I am excited for that. I have only gained 2 pounds so far this whole pregnancy. The Dr is not concerned and I will take it because I would rather not gain excess weight. Over all, I have been feeling better but still tired. The "nesting" feeling is definitely kicking in because I really want to get started on the 2 bedroom/nursery while I am still in my second trimester. There is a lot of cleaning, storing, planning, painting and work that needs to happen with that room but I can't really get started until the current occupants are gone (see below).
Here are some 17 week pictures. I am definitely looking pregnant now! Woo hoo!!!




Here are the current occupants of our second bedroom. We have 2 cute rabbits, Pierre and Claudia, that we don't want to have any more when the baby arrives. We are looking to give them away and their cage to someone who wants them this week. Let me know if you are interested.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

My god hun you look gorgeous! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics as well! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories on line. Have you picked a name for baby yet? The name you pick for your baby should be as unique as they are. I remember I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ Let us know how it's going!! Jo and her little Marlow