Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kuipers Apple Orchard and Pumpkin Farm

We went to Kuipers on one of our great warm October days. It was perfect and Addison and Caroline really enjoyed themselves.  I have a feeling this will become an annual outing.  It was worth the drive out there.

This was after an hour long wait for the tractor to take us to the orchard.  I was impressed with how well they did especially because we had no snacks and nothing for them to do.
Addison-----Caroline


Finally on the tractor...Addison and Daddy

They could not wait to start eating the apples!
Daddy and Addison

Caroline

Caroline

Caroline especially liked playing with the apples that were already on the ground

Caroline sometimes looked she was attacking the apple when she would take a bite.

Caroline

Addison

Caroline in back and Addison in front

Addison

Addison


Wagon ride to the pumpkin patch


Caroline looking at ducks and other animals

Addison

Addison

Sunflower

Addison loved the petting zoo.  She had more confidence going up to animals and petting them.  On the other hand, I was holding Caroline the whole time.  She preferred the animals at a distance.










Addison going to pick out a pumpkin

Caroline

Addison

Addison

Addison----Caroline
(I can tell Addison is on the left because she walks with her left arm out and swinging...it's cute)

Caroline

Caroline

Addison

Picking out their pumpkins to take home
Addison----Caroline


Addison

This was the best shot I got
Addison----Caroline

Again, this was the best one we got
Addison---me---Caroline

They loved this little maze.  At first they followed each other...

...but eventually they started going their own way.

There were a lot of pictures that were either far away or had their backs turned so I thought you might be curious as to how I can tell who is who in the pictures.  Most of the time I can just tell who is who based on their face, size or certain things they do like Addison's arm swinging while she walks.  I also rely on my memory of taking the picture and I have become pretty good at clicking the "save" button when I take certain pictures so that I can label them correctly later.  However, because of this, I have to be sure to do a post and label them pretty quickly so I don't forget.  So there you go in case you were curious.

And oh yeah, here is one thing that came out of the apples, a yummy apple pie from scratch!

No comments: