Thursday, June 30, 2011

Time with Caroline

This past Saturday Scott took Addison to an eye doctor to get her lazy eye and eye sensitivity checked out. Turns out she just has a muscle imbalance that we have to watch over the next couple years that is affecting both issues. However, the Dr. did not even see the lazy eye so it really is almost gone so that is good.

While Scott and Addison were gone I had the morning with just Caroline.  It was great.  I love the rare times when I get just one on one time with one of them.  I know that having one child is hard too at times but it feels like a break to me when I have just one of them so I love these times which I can count on one hand how many times I have had them.  So Caroline and I walked to the store and she walked the whole time there and back.  It is only 3 blocks but that is a lot for an 18 month old and one of those blocks is really long.  Then, I was probably more excited than her about this, but she got to sit in the front of the cart while shopping!  She did enjoy herself though.  It was a great little morning that we had at the store and at home.


We got these camping/beach chairs for Addison and Caroline which are SO cute!  I can't wait to use them!  They seem to love them too.

Their new fun thing to do it to hang from the table.  They are pretty good at it actually.

Caroline caught me taking a picture

Caroline

I made these cupcakes for a lunch that me and my siblings did in honor of our parents 35th anniversary!!!  I can't even imagine being married for that long!  Fortunately, they are a great example that we have in our lives of what a loving and healthy relationship looks like.  I dyed the frosting a coral color because coral is the traditional 35th anniversary gift.  Happy 35th mom and dad!!!!

2 comments:

Elsa Johnson said...

seeing those cupcakes makes me want another one!

Lisa Russell said...

You're so cute with your coral cupcakes!