Sunday, August 08, 2010

8 Months!!!!

Addison and Caroline are 8 months old today! Time is definitely flying and I am loving this stage. I find myself on a daily basis just watching them play both on their own and with each other. I love watching how they interact together and how they just have fun. Sometimes they are nice and laugh with each other. Other times they steal toys right out of the other ones hands or if one of them goes to their stomach right in front of the other, the one still sitting with start playing or hitting (or knocking in Addison's case) their head. For the most part, it is great how they don't move around much when I just plop them down somewhere but that is already changing.

I feel like they have accomplished so much this past month. Addison loves knocking on things and Caroline enjoys babbling as well as blowing raspberries. They both get into screaming fits which is not enjoyable most of the time but can be funny when they scream back and forth to each other. Reading is becoming a favorite activity of theirs especially when we make animal noises and they have begun to feed themselves and are getting better and better the more they do it. They have been sitting in high chairs when we go out to eat for the past several weeks and we now give them baths together which makes it more fun for them and easier for me. They both scoot themselves slowly from point A to point B but they are figuring out that if they get themselves on their stomachs from a sitting position that it will get them to point B a bit quicker! Sometimes their move from sitting to stomach is graceful and sometimes not so much. All I know is that they are trying to figure this whole moving thing out so I know this relaxing stage of just plopping them down and having them stay there will be over soon. I look forward to moving on but will miss this stage too. I just can't believe how quickly they seem to be growing and I know it will only seem to get faster. Addison and Caroline are just so much fun to be around and we love them so much!

Here are some pictures of them from this past month. As you can see in the last two, they are definitely slowly getting into the crawling position. It is only a matter of time....

No comments: