Monday, March 29, 2010

Florida!

Last week I took Addison and Caroline to Florida to stay with my grandparents. We drove down there (24 hours each way) with my parents while Scott stayed home to work. The girls did surprisingly well on the way down there but not so much on the way back. An example is when I had to high tail it out of McDonalds with both of them and a women stopped me to ask if I needed any help. I must have looked desperate but I just wanted to get out of there (my parents were there helping me out but the girls were beyond help). I ate cold pancakes that morning :( Oh well. Overall, the trip was nice but we could have had warmer weather (it was basically the same in Chicago that week) and the week in general kind of stressed me out more than relaxing me. I was happy though that my grandparents and parents were able to see a side of Addison and Caroline that they don't normally get to see and that is their happy/smiley side.

Caroline looking a bit nervous about this roadtrip

Now she's having fun!

My favorite parts of the roadtrip...when they were sleeping!

I got these swimming suits thinking it was going to be warmer.  I put them in their suits the first day but it was never warm enough to go swimming :(

Man, were these girls a hit!  I guess it is no surprise at a place where most of the residents are retired.

Showing Caroline the Ocean for the first time!

Showing Addison the Ocean for the first time!

My grandparents spent a lot more time on the floor than they usually do.

Playing Skip-bo

Me and my little ladies :)

It was pretty windy every day if you can't tell by their expressions



Down at the pool with Mor Mor



Mornings with Grandpa!  My dad said his favorite part of the week was getting up every morning and helping me feed them.  My girls are definitely morning people!  Who would have thought.  They are always so happy when they first get up.  I love it!

Our last night there was a gorgeous sunset.  A great way to end the week.

2 comments:

Elsa Johnson said...

Okay, I don't know how but I somehow enlarged the images even more on my computer and don't know how! Just thought you would appreciate that. Very cute pictures of the girls in Florida.

-their favorite aunt...Elsa

Ingrid said...

Greta, your girls are so beautiful!