Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Anne and Pete's Wedding!!

First things first, an update on Addison and Caroline. They are 8 weeks as of yesterday and I really cannot believe how much time really does fly by. We are right on the cusp of them being more interactive. They have both smiled but it does not happen every day and Addison has only done it once to Grandpa (lucky guy!). I know that every baby develops differently but it seems like since they were born 3 weeks early that is making a bit of a difference. That's ok though. We have also been told that twins develop a little behind with social things like smiling because they have each other to interact with. I weighed them on our scale at home today and Addison is weighing in at 8 pounds and Caroline is at 9 pounds. They certainly are growing! They are slowly but surely sleeping in longer stretches at night (longest stretch was 5 hours) and my hope is that they will be sleeping from 11pm to 7am by the time we go to FL in March. We'll see. Other than that, Scott and I are just trying to enjoy them in this stage before they move on to the next.

Caroline was born breech so as a precautionary measure she had an ultrasound done on her hips this past Monday to be sure she does not have a hip issue. I am not entirely sure what the issue is (Linnea I am sure knows more since Gwen had it) but if she did have this issue she would need to where a harness for several weeks as her bones grow. The alternative to this harness is having surgery as an adult so it is certainly worth the inconvenience of this harness when they are babies. The ultrasound was very interesting to me. There were 3 different angles that the Dr. looked at and one was a stress angle where they actually popped her hip out of the socket. They said it does not hurt when they do this and that was proven when Caroline fell asleep in the middle of it! I was told that she is a great baby which is something that we hear often of both Caroline and Addison. People at church are convinced that they don't cry....HA! They do, trust me. Anyways, the results are that Caroline's hips are perfect so there will be no issue or harness to deal with :)

Here they are right after a nap. Several weeks ago we moved them out of our room and into their's. They still sleep together which they seem to like.

This is from another day when Scott walked in to Addison sleeping like this. Interesting.


ok, now to Anne and Pete's Wedding!!! Here is Gwen as the flower girl. Recognize that dress! It was great she could where it again. Here she is starting down the aisle...


And here she is going back. Hey, at least she was not sick this time.

The beautiful bride and her dad, My Uncle Roger.



The reception place was at a barn in Greyslake. It was a lot of fun and could not be more perfect for us. We were able to get a table up in the balcony in the corner so we could watch everyone and keep the girls in a corner so they could sleep. They were great the whole time so we really enjoyed ourselves.

The happy couple :) Welcome to the family Pete!!


Here is the lineup of carseats at playgroup last week. There were 6 babies 5 months or younger. I really enjoy Tuesdays now because it starts with playgroup and then I spend the rest of the day at Linnea and Cam's with Linnea and her girls. Elsa has been joining us too which has been great! It is nice to be somewhere else for a day.

I pulled out the bumbo chairs for the girls last week. They have pretty strong necks so they were fine in these chairs. They do look a bit small in them which makes them look so cute :)

Addison

Caroline

Apparently Addison is still able to fall asleep even when sitting up. Go figure.

I saved the best for last. This has become one of my favorite pictures. I just happened to catch Caroline at a perfect moment. Ha! Make me laugh every time I look at it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look so cute in those chairs!

Elsa

Lisa Russell said...

Love that last picture... made my day!

The Johnson Family said...

These pictures of the girls are so darn cute! :) I love the ones in their crib and bumbos. SO STINKIN CUTE!!! And the wedding looked really fun. Cute haircut on Gwen.

Keep the great pics coming, I know you will! :)