Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You won't be seeing many posts from me about my family pets unless there is news to share. Unfortunately, what I am about to tell you is not good but sorrowful. You will also probably not find a post like this on Linnea's blog because she never cared much about our cats so I stand alone in the blog world posting this tribute to 2 of our cats, Mia and Pojke.

This past Sunday I learned that 2 of our beloved cats were missing. Mia, our part Siamese, too good for the other cats and owners besides my mom, has been missing for over a week. While Mia was a very beautiful cat, I can't say that I am terribly upset about her disappearance. While she will be missed, she has always only been affectionate with my mom so I have never had much of a connection with her. We have had her since I was a Junior in High school.

The other cat that is missing is Pojke. He has been gone for the last several days. He is the sweetest cat that loved to curl up in your lap during the day or snuggle with you at night. I can still remember the day I came home from school when I was in 5th grade and the first time I saw him. He was underneath the shelf where our microwave sits trying to hide in the dark corner. It was difficult to see him since he was all black but I remember pulling him out and holding him for the first time. Pojke has been in my life for a long time and is one of those pets that I will truly miss seeing every time I am home.

While I would not be surprised if Mia just took off and never returned, it is a missing Pojke that makes me think that we are never going to be seeing them again. He is too old to be wondering off and just not coming back. That's just not like him. Not to mention, my mom said that she head noises that could have been coming from a cat that was being attacked the other night.

So this is my tribute to Mia and Pojke (2), may they rest in peace. I will post some pictures if I can find some in the near future. I hope they have a great time in kitty heaven and say hi to Elsie, Tily, Flicka 1, Flicka 2, Flicka 3 and Pojke 1.

Side note: If you are worried about my parents being lonely in their house without Mia and Pojke you don't have to worry. Tompte and Bjorn are still there to keep them company but don't be too surprised if you read another post soon regarding Tompte. He's not doing so well. Long live Bjorn!

2 comments:

The Process said...

Oh goodness! I think I lost track after Flicka 2 but I totally understand your sadness. My parent's dog, Heidi is 15 and even though I know she'll go soon, I also know it will be totally sad!

Sarah said...

It is hard to lose a pet. I just had to freeze my beta fish an I only knew him a few months! Sorry about their disappearance...