Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Trip to CA

A little over a week ago I was in Santa Barbara, CA for a nice long NPU girls weekend.  This was my first time away from Addison and Caroline and to be honest it was a needed break from them.  Hey, I need a vacation too!!  It was great to be with my college girlfriends again the way we started without boyfriends, husbands or children.  We had a great time!

The Mission of Santa Barbara

It was kind of cold and windy if you can't tell

Here is the group that stayed at the hotel (Bethanie, Annie, Lori, me & Britta)  We are waiting to get picked up by our chauffeurs (Jonny and his friend David) and Stacy and Annie for wine tasting.

Waiting for our lunch to be made before heading out to the first vineyard

I really wish it was not raining and cloudy but it was pretty and fun anyways


First winery



I love this picture
Annie  --  Britta

Second winery

Third winery


Fourth and last winery.  This one was fun because it was really laid back and had a surfer feel.  Different than any other winery I have been to.

This was actually one of the vineyards they used to shoot the movie Sideways

The side view from our hotel room.

The view straight out from our room.  Not too shabby.

A little glimpse of our hotel.  It was actually really long so there was no way I could get the whole hotel in one picture.


The 3rd day I was there it was actually sunny!  Across the street from our hotel were all these tents with people selling things.  It was nice to walk along and look at everything with the sun on us and the ocean right next to us.


It was still a bit chilly but it was nice enough with the sun out to go to the harbor.  We had lunch and then walked down this pier.


At the end of the pier

Still at the end of the pier.  In between the sailboats is our hotel.

Walking to the seals


"Pups of the ocean"  This is what we called the seals so that Lori would get excited about seeing them.  She LOVES dogs.


Mama and her baby to the right

And no trip out here is complete without a celebrity sighting.  We are at LAX and this is Rick Fox's car!  I was too slow to get a picture of him so his car will have to do.

No comments: