Wednesday, September 08, 2010

9 months

Addison and Caroline are 9 months old today :)  I remember with Gwen and Sonja that as they got older and began new stages they just became more and more fun to be around and that is definitely true with the girls.  Once again this was another big month of change.

At 9 months they both...
  -clap
  -stand while holding onto furniture
  -crawl (still slowly but they are getting better and faster every day)
  -use sippy cups (though Addison still likes to chew on it more that drink from it)
  -pull up on furniture on their knees
  -they make so many different sounds I can't list them
  -great at feeding themselves

Addison at 9 months...
  -just got her first tooth!  Thankfully for us and her, she had no reaction to it coming in.
  -gives kisses
  -afraid of dogs.  She actually cries just at the sight of a big dog.

Caroline at 9 months...
  -loves making many different varieties of tooting noises using different parts of her hands and different objects
  -enjoys jumping in the exersaucer
  -uses toys and her hands to make different sounds with her voice
  -is curious about dogs.  In fact, she let a dog lick her finger and had no reaction to it

The 2 comments we get the most is about how big and blue their eyes are and that they look like dolls.  I thought the doll comment would stop happening when they got older than a few months but I guess they still look like dolls :)  I have become more appreciative of the fact that they enjoy playing with each other without my presence which allows me time to keep our place clean and just get the things done around our place that need to get done.  Also, they are so good that I am in the process of starting up my own homemade caramel business which I have hopes to be up and running by the end of October.  Scott and I are super appreciative that they continue to be great sleepers!  We love our sleep and so do they :)  All in all, we are blessed with our little girls and continue to enjoy watching them grow and develop.

By the way, my computer is not letting me upload pictures so those will still be coming when I figure it out

No comments: