Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Shamrock Shuffle was this past Sunday and I accomplished the goal that I had set for myself!!! I wanted to run the entire thing and I did!!! I honestly never thought I could run 5 miles so this is a great feeling. I almost died when I saw a hill during one of the last parts of the run. Are you kidding me? What are they trying to do to us??? Fortunately I overcame my exhaustion and finished the run. It was a gorgeous day and an overall great experience.
The top two pictures are me crossing the finish line. Sorry the pictures look so digital. I am just happy to have them :)

Leah and I after the race enjoying the beautiful Chicago day.











6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations Greta! I wish I could run 5 miles...you are an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I remember what it felt like to finish a 10K last October. It takes a LOT of hard work, but you feel SO STINKIN good just knowing that you did it!

Jed and Anne said...

I am so proud of you Greta! You did it! Congratulations! All of your hard work paid off!

Melissa said...

yea, greta! way to go!! :)

Stacy Peterson said...

Those are great shots from the finish! Mine were so crappy!

John Wallgren said...

Way to go Greta! Pick another race and keep going. Maybe we can run one together this summer.
Love, Dad